Youth Job Connection - Summer
Youth Job Connection- Summer offers a range of services and opportunities for young people to learn about jobs and gain work experience. The Youth Job Connection-Summer program is designed to help youth who have a lower likelihood of finding a summer job by themselves, with a focus on those who are at risk of experiencing poor transitions between education and work. Youth may be racialized, LGBTTQ, Aboriginal, living with disabilities and mental health issues or recent immigrants. In addition, youth may be facing some combination of other challenging life circumstances including experiencing difficulties at school, poverty/low income household, problems with family life or in conflict with the law
To be eligible to participate in the Youth Job Connection Summer program, youth must be:
- 15 to 18 years old;
- A resident of Ontario;
- Eligible to work in Canada;
- High school students intending to stay in, or return to high school or access post-secondary education after the job placement
Each of Youth Job Connection Summer program components provide a highly specialized set of services that can be customized to the participant’s needs. These components include:
- Client service planning and coordination (Intake, referral, assessment, case management and mentoring)
- Pre-employment services: Minimum 20 hours of paid pre-employment training
- Job Matching, Placement and Incentives
- Education and work transitions support
The goal of the program is to provide the support necessary for youth participants to obtain job readiness skills and work experience to help with the success of their future careers.
For more information visit the Employment Ontario Youth Job Connection program page.
This Employment Ontario program is funded by the Government of Ontario.